Flying Fire, LLC
Defeat the Beat review
200 MB available space
Defeat the Beat Review
Defeat the Beat is an application developed by Flying Fire, LLC. Defeat the Beat was first published on . It is available on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
NEW: 2019 - 05 - 07
Defeat the Beat now utilizes Steam's Workshop. You can publish BeatMaps you have recorded online and subscribe to BeatMaps other people have made through Steam's Workshop. After subscribing to BeatMaps you have to restart the game for the BeatMaps to download to the "Songs/Workshop" folder. When uploading a song to the Workshop please wait for the status text to change to "Success" before returning to the hub. Make sure to change your song's visibility from Hidden to Public to share the BeatMap with the world!
I've had 2 major passions in life, Video Games and Music. VR seems to be one of the best ways to combine those passions. It feels like something happens when you put on the headset and step into a VR rhythm game. For me it's a place I can dance like no one is watching and I love to really get into the beat or melody of a song. I wanted to create an experience where you could express yourself dancing however you want to a song and then replay it in a way that feels like you're in the middle of an intense VR action game. And so "Defeat the Beat" was born.
Defeat the Beat has 2 main components. Recording and Playing, both done in game in VR. You can search for a song and record your movements to the song. After recording or downloading beat maps you can try for a highscore against the boss as it sends attacks at you in the exact way the song was recorded.
- Creating beatmaps are done entirely in VR
- Search for any video on YouTube to record to
- Use 4 different weapons (Shield, Sword, Blaster, and Bow) to create a beatmap to however the song makes you feel
- Currently songs are saved locally and the files do not contain any copyrighted information so they can be shared outside the game legally
- Face off against the beat - and try to match the moves of the beatmap's creator
- Record your highscore locally
- Weapons automatically switch to whatever is needed at the time so you can focus on hitting the beats.
Accessing Created Songs
Even though you cannot yet share songs in the game, you can access the beatmaps you create from the game's local content and share those files. To access the local files right click on the game in your Steam library. Click Properties > Local Files > Browser Local Files. This will open up the game's files. All of the songs created and loaded into the game are saved in the "/Songs" folder. Adding any songs to this folder will be loaded next time you start the game!